Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hunh?

I can't even manage to keep up my kid's blog, what am I doing this for?
Because if things aren't working, you gotta do something different, right?
I'm (unprintable number) overweight.  Have been for most of my life.  Annoying, tiring and now just fucking aggravating.  Since I'm OLD, as my students mere existence constantly reminds me.  And I'm frankly tired of everyone else's success.  I WANT SOME TOO. 

I really have two missions (you know, aside from being a decent human, feeding and loving my kid and hubband, taking care of the cats): I need to lose weight and finish my dissertation (aka The Book Report).  Things interfering with that process: see sentence begining with "being a decent human..."  Although, one might offer that taking time away from my dissertation work to, say, blog, might be what's contributing to the anxiety that fuels emotional eating.  I say, shut the fuck up one. 

How much weight do you have to lose, Biddy? 
A lot.  A small person's worth, I'd say. 

How are you going to do that? 
Freakin' WW, how else does everyone and their grandmother do it? 
(I HATE DIETS.  Having been on one for most of natural life, this whole process makes my skin crawl.  But what else makes my skin crawl is not being able to bend well anymore.  Getting winded walking to my car [admittedly, uphill] also makes my skin crawl)

How much dissertation do you have to do?
A lot.  Most of it.  Annoyingly.

How are you going to do that?
One. Word. At. A. Time. 
Possibly NaNoWriMo, as well.  Since a diss is a process, not a product, I'm stuck/gifted with just moving through it. 

I really, really do not want to turn 40 and realize I'm still 12, eternally 12 and feeling like she's taking up too much space in the world and can't finish her term paper on cats on time.  So, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment