Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sometimes the universe is good

This was my status update today because, it's true.  My dear friends just adopted their baby, a beautiful tiny girl they've named Penelope.  Of the many, many awful things that are happening in the world, this is not one of them.  This makes many other things seem small.

I'm late in my weekly update.  Looks like I lost 1 lb, which is moderately annoying since I want to lose, like, 5 every day.  But last week I hauled ass quite a bit and managed to exercise something like 5 out of 7 days.  I also took a great walk in the early morning of a saturday and that made a big impact.  It is Juneuary here in the PNW, so the rain that's been pissing down hasn't helped me get out and walk.  I did a little yesterday and I felt really good, but I do allow externals like the weather to get me down.  It's an SFC week (Sacred Feminine Cycle) so I spent a couple days eating peanut butter and chocolate.  But I counter that with massive and fairly delicious salads three days this week.  And I found my camelback bottle (on the back porch, forgotten)!  So I can drink more water again.

On Tuesday of the this week, husband was out of town so Sprog and I went to B&N.  It was freezing cold (for JUNE, I think less than 50 qualifies as "freezing") and my bones felt achy and I wondered if I had the flu.  This is when it hit me that, perhaps, it was not weight or cancer, but arthritis.  You know, the chronic condition that EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY SUFFERS FROM.  Because I'm 38 (almost 39) and maybe, just maybe, that's what's going on.  Makes oodles of sense, really.  And thus I refuse to truly accept it as true.

Smaller Sarah reached her goal.  I'm immensely happy for her, but as with everything in my life, annoyingly jealous as well.  (Sometimes intellectual ambiguity is a curse).  In some ways, it gives me hope, as her blog inspired my little semi-public effort.  But I so wish the road to health was not paved with a new found love of exercise and raw foods.


No comments:

Post a Comment